PBC Certification Seminar • Nov 9-10, 2019 – St. Louis, MO (Seminar Only)
This registration is for the Professional Barbell Coach Certification Seminar only. To register for the Coaches Camp and the Professional Barbell Coach Certification Seminar (a savings of $200), please click here.
November 7-8, 2019
The Strength Parlor
St. Louis, MO
The Professional Barbell Coach Certification Seminar is a two-day in-person testing seminar, with both the coaching and academic evaluations taking place over the weekend. During the PBC Certification Seminar, Coaching Academy staff will assess the prospective coach’s proficiency in coaching the foundational barbell lifts — Squat, Deadlift, Press, and Bench Press in a practical “on the platform” examination. Prospective coaches must also demonstrate sufficient knowledge of and skill at applying programming concepts. They will also be tested on their functional understanding of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, physics, and biomechanics as they relate to the barbell lifts.
- Evaluation of each coach’s on-platform performance, including the teaching and movement correction for the Squat, Deadlift, Press, and Bench Press
- Written and interview evaluations of programming, physiology, anatomy, biomechanics, and coaching theory concepts
- Clear and detailed requirement to pass provided well before the test dates
- Detailed evaluation sheet and verbal feedback provided to each candidate within 48 hours of seminar conclusion – including Pass/Fail notice
- No re-take required after passing Platform or Academic portion of the evaluation. Candidates only need to re-take and pay for the failed portion of the evaluation
- General schedule: Sat – Platform and written evaluations. Sun – Platform and interview evaluations. Start Sat @ 9:00 AM. Close Sun @ 6:00 PM
- Cost for Sat/Sun Seminar only: $599