HLM Programming: Concepts and Practical Applications
Learn all the ins and outs of the most versatile of all the Intermediate training programs – Heavy/Light/Medium. This course will teach you how to utilize HLM across a wide variety of client goals and schedules, and achieve steady, long-term progress. Explore how to apply MED principles to detailed HLM progressions and take your clients from Advanced Novice and the way through Intermediate and beyond with simple, intuitive changes – all while getting them massively strong!
- 6-week class, weekly live webinar meetings, Tuesdays at 7-9:00PM Central. (class recordings will be available to review after each session if you miss the live meeting)
- Weekly short reading and programming assignments
- Private discussion group on the Coaching Academy Slack workspace
- Cost: $299
- Start Date: Tuesday 9/10
- Week 1: Programming Concepts and Training Variables, Thinking in Terms of Stress
- Week 2: Basic 3-Day HLM Format
- Week 3: 4-Day HLM
- Week 4: 2 to 4 Week Late INT HLM Cycles
- Week 5: MED Transitions – NOV to INT, INT to ADV
- Week 6: HLM for special populations, athletes, competitive lifters
Instructor: Bill Hannon
Barbell Logic Vice President of Coaching Development, Barbell Logic Coaching Academy Program Director
In addition to coaching and serving on the leadership team for Barbell Logic, Coach Hannon is also the owner of Pro-Health Fitness and Nutrition in Rensselaer, Indiana. He has experience coaching all level of trainees, from beginners who’ve never touched a barbell to powerlifting national champions. In addition to his experience as a strength coach, Bill also has a background in engineering, with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. He worked as a design engineer and program manager in the aerospace industry for almost 15 years before leaving the field to pursue his passion for helping people get strong.