Coaches Camp + Certification Seminar • Nov 7-10, 2019 – St. Louis, MO
November 7-10, 2019
The Strength Parlor
St. Louis, MO
This registration for both the Coaches Camp and Professional Barbell Coach Certification Seminar. To register for only one of the events, please click here for the Coaches Camp or here for the Certification Seminar.
Coaching Academy Coaches Camp • Thursday & Friday
The focus of the Coaches Camp is the evaluation and improvement of the student’s performance on the platform. Lectures focus on overall coaching theory and practical coaching topics, and the student receives ample opportunity to coach various lifters and receive real-time feedback from Coaching Academy Staff Coaches. The Coaches Camp is concluded with an exit interview for each camp attendee and a question and answer session with the staff, providing direct feedback for the attendee on what they need to improve and how they need to go about it.
- 6:1 MAX student to coach ratio
- Real-time evaluation and feedback on your platform coaching
- Practical coaching lectures on coaching theory and how to diagnose and fix errors with the lifts
- Individual exit interview with the Coaching Academy Staff Coaches
- Extensive Q&A session to firm up any remaining academic or programming questions
- General schedule: Thur – Lecture and platform training. Fri – Lecture, platform training, exit interview, Q&A. Start Thur @ 9:00 AM. Close Fri @ 8:00 PM
Professional Barbell Coach Certification Seminar • Saturday & Sunday
The Professional Barbell Coach Certification Seminar is a two-day in-person testing seminar, with both the coaching and academic evaluations taking place over the weekend. During the PBC Certification Seminar, Coaching Academy staff will assess the prospective coach’s proficiency in coaching the foundational barbell lifts — Squat, Deadlift, Press, and Bench Press in a practical “on the platform” examination. Prospective coaches must also demonstrate sufficient knowledge of and skill at applying programming concepts. They will also be tested on their functional understanding of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, physics, and biomechanics as they relate to the barbell lifts.
- Evaluation of each coach’s on-platform performance, including the teaching and movement correction for the Squat, Deadlift, Press, and Bench Press
- Written and interview evaluations of programming, physiology, anatomy, biomechanics, and coaching theory concepts
- Clear and detailed requirement to pass provided well before the test dates
- Detailed evaluation sheet and verbal feedback provided to each candidate within 48 hours of seminar conclusion – including Pass/Fail notice
- No re-take required after passing Platform or Academic portion of the evaluation. Candidates only need to re-take and pay for the failed portion of the evaluation
- General schedule: Sat – Platform and written evaluations. Sun – Platform and interview evaluations. Start Sat @ 9:00 AM. Close Sun @ 6:00 PM
- Cost for Sat/Sun Seminar only: $599